By E. Anderson
Read or Download 21st Century Jocks: Sporting Men and Contemporary Heterosexuality PDF
Best sociology of sports books
Explains why towns dig deep of their wallet to host the Olympics and international locations breed groups for achievement at the global football degree. nationwide id and international activities occasions seems on the value of overseas exercises and why they generate huge, immense audiences around the world. targeting the Olympic video games and the men’s soccer (soccer) international Cup, the members research the political, cultural, financial, and ideological impacts that body those occasions.
First released in 2012. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Tackling social exclusion will be a principal objective of any civilised social coverage. during this meticulously revised and up-to-date new version of his groundbreaking examine, game and Social Exclusion, Mike Collins has assembled an unlimited array of latest facts from a number of worldwide assets to illustrate how the consequences of social exclusion are as glaring in game as they're in any quarter of society.
This is often the 1st guide dedicated totally to rest conception, charting the historical past and philosophy of rest, theories in faith and tradition, and rational theories of rest within the Western philosophical culture, in addition to a variety of socio-cultural theories from thinkers akin to Adorno, Bauman, Weber and Marx.
- Testing for Athlete Citizenship: Regulating Doping and Sex in Sport (Critical Issues in Sport and Society)
- African Football, Identity Politics and Global Media Narratives: The Legacy of the FIFA 2010 World Cup (Global Culture and Sport Series)
- Sport for Development: What game are we playing?
- Embodied Nation: Sport, Masculinity, and the Making of Modern Laos (Southeast Asia: Politics, Meaning, and Memory)
- Football Management
- Sport in Australian National Identity: Kicking Goals (Sport in the Global Society – Contemporary Perspectives)
Extra info for 21st Century Jocks: Sporting Men and Contemporary Heterosexuality
21st Century Jocks: Sporting Men and Contemporary Heterosexuality by E. Anderson