By Jeffrey B. Graham
Each bankruptcy presents a old history, information the current prestige of data within the box, and defines the questions wanting cognizance in destiny study. completely referenced, containing greater than 1,000 citations, and good documented with figures and tables, Air-Breathing Fishes is complete in its assurance and may definitely have large charm. Researchers in vertebrate biology, paleontology, ichthyology, vertebrate evolution, typical historical past, comparative body structure, anatomy and lots of different fields will locate anything new and fascinating in Air-Breathing Fishes.
- Offers an entire review of an enormous and immensely fascinating quarter of research
- Provides a viewpoint of air-breathing fish that spans three hundred million years of vertebrate evolution
- Contains quite a few illustrations in addition to accomplished charts
- Provides a synoptic remedy of all of the identified air-breathing species with very important info on their morphological and physiological adaptations
Read Online or Download Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation PDF
Best marine biology books
An realizing of gonorynchiform morphology and systematic inter- and intra-relationships has confirmed important to a greater realizing of the evolution of reduce teleosts typically, and extra in particular of teams equivalent to the clupeiforms (e. g. , herrings and anchovies), and ostariophysans (e. g. , carps, minnows and catfishes).
This significant textbook offers a extensive insurance of the ecological foundations of marine conservation, together with the explanation, value and practicalities of assorted techniques to marine conservation and administration. The scope of the ebook encompasses an figuring out of the weather of marine biodiversity - from worldwide to neighborhood degrees - threats to marine biodiversity, and the constitution and serve as of marine environments as concerning conservation matters.
Now to be had in paperback, the 1st finished reference on nice White sharks separates truth from fiction and provides genuine facts of the ecology and behaviour of those striking animals. the amount starts off with the evolution of the white shark and its family and keeps with sections on its anatomy, habit, ecology, distribution, inhabitants dynamics, and interactions with people.
What impacts the oceans impacts terra firma. Ocean options, Earth ideas gathers the insights of greater than 50 ocean and coastal technological know-how researchers exploring ocean elements and their relationships, styles, and tendencies over the years and area. The book's sixteen chapters characteristic geographic info process (GIS) most sensible practices and contain extra on-line assets.
- Compendium of Trace Metals and Marine Biota: Volume 2: Vertebrates
- Fish Physiology: Organic Chemical Toxicology of Fishes
- The Physiology of Fishes, Third Edition (CRC Marine Biology Series)
- Diving Physiology of Marine Mammals and Seabirds
Extra info for Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation
Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation by Jeffrey B. Graham