By Bruno Cozzi,Stefan Huggenberger,Helmut A Oelschläger
The Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into physiology and Function is an actual, targeted, totally illustrated, descriptive, and functionally orientated textual content at the anatomy and morphology of dolphins. It makes a speciality of a few delphinid species, with keynotes on very important dolphin-like genera, similar to the harbor porpoise. It additionally serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing tendencies and emphases in molecular biology and genetics.
The authors percentage their life-long services on marine mammals in a number of disciplines. Written as a workforce instead of being ready as a suite of separate contributions, the result's a uniform and complete variety, giving all the diversified subject matters applicable house. Many colour figures, which use the authors’ entry to huge collections of special dolphin and whale fabric, around out this unheard of supplying to the field.
- Includes top of the range illustrations, drawings, halftone art, photographic documentations, microphotos, and tables detailing dolphin anatomy, functionality, and morphology
- Facilitates schooling and coaching of scholars of all simple examine and technologies devoted to marine biology and the therapy of marine mammals
- Brings jointly the present wisdom and knowledge in this subject, together with these in vague previous or non-English courses, or scattered in brief chapters in volumes
- Covers a few delphinid species and serves as an invaluable supplement for increasing tendencies in molecular biology and genetics
Read or Download Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function PDF
Best marine biology books
An knowing of gonorynchiform morphology and systematic inter- and intra-relationships has confirmed very important to a greater knowing of the evolution of reduce teleosts commonly, and extra in particular of teams reminiscent of the clupeiforms (e. g. , herrings and anchovies), and ostariophysans (e. g. , carps, minnows and catfishes).
This significant textbook presents a large insurance of the ecological foundations of marine conservation, together with the explanation, significance and practicalities of assorted techniques to marine conservation and administration. The scope of the e-book encompasses an knowing of the weather of marine biodiversity - from worldwide to neighborhood degrees - threats to marine biodiversity, and the constitution and serve as of marine environments as with regards to conservation concerns.
Now to be had in paperback, the 1st finished reference on nice White sharks separates truth from fiction and provides genuine proof of the ecology and behaviour of those extraordinary animals. the quantity starts with the evolution of the white shark and its kinfolk and maintains with sections on its anatomy, habit, ecology, distribution, inhabitants dynamics, and interactions with people.
What impacts the oceans impacts terra firma. Ocean suggestions, Earth suggestions gathers the insights of greater than 50 ocean and coastal technological know-how researchers exploring ocean parts and their relationships, styles, and developments through the years and house. The book's sixteen chapters characteristic geographic info procedure (GIS) most sensible practices and contain extra on-line assets.
- Marine and Coastal Geographical Information Systems (Research Monographs in GIS)
- Nitrogen in the Marine Environment
- Marine Macrophytes as Foundation Species
- Ecology of Marine Bivalves: An Ecosystem Approach (CRC Marine Science)
- Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review, Volume 49 (Oceanography and Marine Biology - An Annual Review)
Additional info for Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function
Anatomy of Dolphins: Insights into Body Structure and Function by Bruno Cozzi,Stefan Huggenberger,Helmut A Oelschläger